innerlogo
  • icon
banner

Radiant Barrier

When people think about their roof, they usually think of it as structure designed to quickly move rain away from the house. While this is true 1% of the time, the other 99% of the time your roof is providing solar shading. On a 90 degree Kansas day, your roof shingles will reach 160 degrees, your attic will reach 130-140 degrees (heat that will eventually sink into your house), while the living envelope of the house is set at 72 degrees.

That’s a tall task for the air conditioner.

By installing a radiant barrier, 97% of the sun’s radiant heat never makes it into the house at all. This upgrade pays for itself in 3-4 years. We think it makes a lot of sense.

LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier Sheathing is designed to lower a home’s attic temperature. These panels have been installed in more than 1.5 million homes in the United States. Product features include:

Efficiency

Blocks up to 97% of the radiant heat in the roof panel from emitting into a home’s attic, reducing an attic’s temperature by up to 30° F.

Availability

Available in warm climate regions throughout the United States.

Innovation

Patented VaporVents™ technology with post-lamination incising.

Workability

Installs like conventional roof sheathing, requiring no additional labor.

Energy Conscious

May help builders qualify for Green Building credits, energy rebates and lower HERS scores.

Sustainability

Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.

20-Year Transferable Limited Warranty

Backed by a long-term warranty so you can build with security and confidence.

GET IN-TOUCH

Call Us: (316) 789-9932

Request a Brochure

WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY

“Building a home requires a LOT of decisions! Building our home with Bob Cook Homes was one of the best decisions we made! The entire staff was unbelievable! Always professional, courteous and helpful, Bob, Ben, Cyndi, CK and Syd made a normally stressful process enjoyable! I would recommend Bob Cook Homes if you are looking to build a home!”

Chrissy and Darrin M.

“Let me say the words ‘thank you’ seem so little when we think of the heart felt thanks that goes out to you and your team for making a twenty-three-year dream become a reality. Bob Cook Homes is truly a first-rate company!”

Warren K.

“We are continually amazed at the fine quality and outstanding attention to detail in our Bob Cook Home. We appreciate the customer service we have received and being able to get answers to our questions quickly and without hesitation. We would recommend Bob Cook to anyone wanting a quality new home.”

Monte and Carol M.

“Building a home for the first time can be a daunting undertaking. Needless to say, we were very nervous about the building process. We soon learned, however, that our fears were unfounded. With his personal attentiveness and attention to detail, Bob showed us that home building is not a nerve wracking process, but rather a wonderful transition into a new residence for our growing family. Thank you for building us a gorgeous, well-constructed house that we are proud to call home!”

Brian and Mandy W.

“Bob Cook and his crew built us a nice wonderful home. It’s everything we expected. Subcontractors were really nice and helpful. Someone was working on our home on a regular basis. It was in built in a timely manner. We love showing off our home and would highly recommend Bob Cook to build your home.”

Virgil and Peggy H.

Download

our Latest Sales Brochure

We believe that the purchase of a new home should be an enjoyable experience with a finished product that you and your family will be proud of and love for a lifetime. Enter your email below to download out latest brochure.

Top